Thursday, May 8, 2008

When good habits turn bad....


Haven Ready to go!

Porter Ready for School

Maddy enjoying her peaches, and no that isn't kool-aid for breakfast....is it?!?


This morning I was up and feeling better. I made it a point to get Haven ready to go, which wasn't completely necessary as she was up and dressed by the time I moved out of bed. (those who know Haven know that she likes to sleep in, so she was excited) I did however accomplish making her lunch and getting her sunscreen-ed for her adventure to the zoo today. After prayer with everyone Dad asked her why she looked so sad then she broke down. It was awful. So I held her for a while reassuring her that she was going to be with her best friends and one of their Mom's. (thankfully the groups had already been set and my group had two parents, one of which is my friend Yvonne, so I didn't have to worry). It was heart breaking though. So much so that I wanted to march up stairs and get ready, but my body screamed no.

We focussed on the fun, she will get to pet stingrays, feed giraffes and be with her 3 best friends from school. And she got kool-aid in her lunch which was like winning the lottery in and of itself.

On our way out the door to catch the bus, I made sure everyone had their things for school and that Maddy was dressed and had shoes on. I even made a mental note NOT to lock the front door, as I didn't take my keys with me. The kids made it to the bus in plenty of time and Maddy and I enjoyed a talkative walk home. But wait, the door is locked?!? How in the world is the door locked?? i looked for my spare which had been removed when we had work on the car done as I needed it to get in and didn't put it back. Tried the garage, locked. Everything was locked.

Mind you I'm wearing my pj's haven't showered in over 48 hours, and feel miserable. I walk over to my neighbor's to use her phone to call Zack. She is a woman who does everything, willing to help no matter what, no matter how badly I smell. She then offered to take me to his work (15 minutes away) before she needed to go to work. She had even dropped another friend off at the dentist before my misfortune, she is amazing.

So up to Zack's work we went. Maddy in the back. Got the key. Got home. Maddy would not leave her car. I had to remove her. WE LOVE YOU JUDY! THANK YOU!!!


So, the good habit is keeping our doors locked, bad habit is having my kids do it and I not checking before I leave, especially when I make it a point to keep it open. sigh........

Someday I will function


This is Maddy, on Wednesday when I was ill all day, everytime I got up (which was few) I would come back to find Maddy comfortably in my spot. She loved the heating pad, and was not pleased when I had her move. Luckily my camera was sitting close by.


She's so happy =) and claimed to be "cold" so she needed to stay there.

Cheesin' for the Camera

4 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I hope you are feeling better! One morning VERY early my mom showed up at our door in her nightgown with a pair of slacks pulled on under them. She had been taking my brother to zero hour and had gotten a flat tire. She tried calling my dad, but he thought the phone was one of my sisters friends and didn't want to get out of bed to give it to my sister, so he just let it ring. So my mom had to swallow her pride and walk to our house in all her early morning glory so my husband could help her. Needless to say, my dad has still hot heard the end of this one.

Jen said...

Emma, HOLY COW!! I can't believe that happened. I am so sorry! I'm glad you have a fabulous neighbor who helped you out! Glad you're feeling a little bit better, but hope you feel all better soon! Great pics of the kids :)

Mike'n'Amy said...

Poor thing. You and Haven, too. Was the trip to the zoo a sucess? Sure hope so!

The Days said...

Judy is an ANGEL! She rocks.