Friday, May 16, 2008

Life

"when you really understand who you are, you will wish you had tried harder."

Life seems so crazy and I just want to sit back and watch it all play out. I read a blog from my Sister tonight, included was the quote above from Elder Eyering. I know that I am a Child of God, a person of worth, who has a mission on this earth.

Day after day of kids, noise, chores, errands, appointments, responsibilities, etc. really drag me down. I tend to have the mind set, someone else can pull their own weight I need not be so worried, etc. However after reading that quote, I was quickly reminded that I am here to serve.

Mosiah 2:17
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

I have a purpose, I'm here to work hard, raise a family in love, and to teach them. I am also here to be a companion with my husband. I am also here to develop talents of my own. Because "when I really understand who I am, I am sure I will wish I had tried harder."

Thank you Amy for taking the time to share your testimony with me, you've made my day!

6 comments:

Jen said...

EMMA, you are an incredible mom, friend, aunt, leader, wife, etc etc! I look up to you in more ways than you will ever know . . . well except in height. LOL! I always have to add something cheesy huh? Love ya Emma! Have fun at your moms! I'm so jealous!

Mike'n'Amy said...

I don't know anyone who tries harder. You are fabulous. And I love you tons.

Ashley said...

sorry! I've been so out of touch with you these past sundays/mondays! i have some exciting news to tell you, but in person. hah

Danielle said...

I think you are just simply awesome! Did you get my reply about the open house? If not, I need to get everyone's email and tell them its a no go...we've had to re-arrange our whole summer. UGGG!
Talk to you soon!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Em you ROCK in my book. I miss you and look to you as a great example for me. Miss you tons.

Danielle said...

Hey. Did you the email I sent out last night to everyone? I am feeling like my yahoo isn't working good and no one is getting my emails. Just wanted to make sure!!