Friday, June 27, 2008

Craft Time

Smoky California, we have 3 major fires and 100's of little ones going on right now. The past 5 or so day have been filled with Smoke and we've been told to stay indoors. As you can imagine we all are a little restless and ready to get out and about. We found our craft box from Gran Gayle yesterdy which brought great relief to our household. The kids sat and painted for at least an hour then moved onto to other crafts.

I was able to get 3 pioneer trek skirts finished, which was fun for me, I just hope the girls are willing to wear them.

The kids were up at 6:50am this morning all in the craft box again. I will have to take pics today as yesterday both batteries in my cameras were dead and you missed seeing a MESS. So I'm sure we can re-enact that again today as it seems more smoky today than yesterday. =(

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? Tonight I get to scrapbook, can't wait!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, Im just lovin it! LOL. I couldnt believe it when I woke up Wednesday morning how awful the smoke is. Sure wish we had a cool craft box over here...hehe. Sean is really into puzzles now, so that keeps him busy for a long time. Whats going on with the exercise group?? Talk to you soon

Jen said...

How fun!!! Gran Gayle is awesome to do that for the kids :) And look at you go? Making Pioneer trek skirts? Emma, you are SO domesticated! I hope the kids enjoy the crafts again today and I hope you have fun scrapbooking! Can I come? PLEASEEEEEE? :)

Danielle said...

Yea, good idea to stay in...Thats pretty easy for me since I have a ton of cleaning I need to get done. Well, Hope you have a great weekend!!

The Days said...

You are an angel for doing those skirts!!

Em said...

you haven't seen them yet. =)

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Thank you so much helping out today! He melted down in the car, but was quiet on the drive home. After a little bit of a bottle I changed his diaper and put him to bed around 2:45-3:00. He was out instantly and slept until 5:30. I think he was just super tired! Tonight he crashed out instantly too! Weird! Have fun tonight. I wish I could go but can't! Ira can't pick up Anthony in case he needed too, so I need to stay home tonight.

Janell said...

I am glad you are safe from the fires. Man you are so busy! Sorry to hear about the dental visit too, I am glad you ended up ok! Dental work is the pits!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Sounds like a blast super mom. =) I hope you had a wonderful day that day.