Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cherries, mmmmmmmm.....

Today has been good. We got out and exercised this morning with some friends, watched the bee movie together, went VT together, and went and picked cherries together.
The Lord always provides. I LOVE cherries and with them costing 8.99 lb. at safeway I rarely if ever buy them for myself. I usually can catch them once a year while at Mom's house. This year, however, I got cherries for $2lb. at safeway, My friend Tos broght me over a whole ziplock of cherries, we picked cherries at Kellys, a whole grocery bag full. Then yesterday Zack's CEO called and said that one of her cherry trees had broke in two and that we could have the cherries if we came to pick them. So we went over and picked 3 grocery bags full today. Zack asked if we'd get enough to pass around work tomorrow so since the kids really enjoyed being outside and picking them, we have a great harvest. I was also invited to pick cherries at the Bishops house but haven't needed to head over there yet. The Lord truly cares, even about the small fact that I LOVE cherries! And for that I am so grateful!

6 comments:

kristib said...

I guess I can only attribute my lack of chocolate to the fact that He cares more about my hips than about my cravings...?

Jen said...

Well. . . if you happen to run out. . . our cherry tree is about to spring some cherries and it's HUGE! COME VISIT :)

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

jealous! I want cherries.

Mike'n'Amy said...

Em, always good to notice the "tender mercies", huh? I love ya.

gqlamoreaux said...

Come over my house and you can pick them for free before all the darn birds eat them all.....
Love you.

HalnJess said...

I left you a chattering-mess of a voicemail on your cell! haha (I'm terrible at messages)

I think my Dad is planning to take the car into the dealership tomorrow night or saturday. if you're really interested, I'll totally stall him! Thanks for the post!

I love your blog.