Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday

Today has been good, I slept in as the kids were at Judy's till almost 9pm last night having a great time in her garden. Apparently they are good weed pullers, hopefully that is all they pulled. They also came home bearing gifts! THANK YOU JUDY!


Then being so inspired, while I lay "sleeping in" the kids made a flower bed out of their chalk basket planting seeds they had found in the junk drawer. They are quite industrious little kids. Why is it, that when I am in the mix all I get is whining and complaining???







Then after I got up, chores began as Missionaries are coming to dinner tonight, nothing large just straightening up and putting clothes away. Maddy disappeared, can you find her??




I would love to be Mother of the Year, but I digress, maybe I should pay Judy to come over and navigate chores, then they might be done quickly and with smiles.

4 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I know how you feel, I can lay in bed and listen to my kids be cheerful and helpful to eachother, and then the second I get up, the kindness is gone. Am I that much of an ogre that I inspire such contention? I think it is actually that I ask them to do their chores and be helpful to me. Those are beautiful Hydrangeas, by the way!

Jen said...

Well. . . in my eyes (and many others as well) you ARE Mother of the Year! You're incredible!!!

Mike'n'Amy said...

Love, love, LOVE the pic of Maddy!!! Why can't I hide myself that well? Seriously, even with the bedroom, bathroom, and closet doors all shut...

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

The flowers are beautiful!!!! What kind of seeds did they plant? And the picture of Maddy is hilarious!!!!! Cracked me right up. I love it.