Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My poor dentist

Today I got to go to the dentist one more time, I thought this was the end of my work, but sadly no, close though. Thank heavens for that stimulus check! It's already gone between Zack and I. And we both still have a little more work to be done on our teeth.

Today I went, and had a fun "episode". It was awful. I calmly told the dentist that I was feeling nauseas (luckily most of the work was done), and sat up. He said I went white so he then asked me to lay down in the chair and put my feet up on the chair to get the blood to my head. He's like family so it wasn't as embarassing as it probably should have been. =) But that didn't help and I had to excuse myself to the bathroom. They wouldn't let me lock the door, as they thought I might pass out. Amy, my favorite person in the office stood gaurd for me. Isn't it great that there are some wonderul, patient people left in this world??? I felt retarded and really ill, but was able to take my seat to get the job finished.

I missed out on my ice cream with Zack (he had an appointment an hour after mine so we were going to have ice cream together) didn't happen I went straight home. I slept from 3pm when Zack got home till 6pm. And woke up feeling better. Thank heaven for Zack being available!

Anyway, thought I would share how much fun I had today. =) What you do today?

6 comments:

Mike'n'Amy said...

Oh, Em, I'm sorry. You need to decorate some paper bags and take in "designer barf bags" for your next appt to laugh it off. :) You're the best!

Jen said...

Oh Emma! I'm sorry that happened. I'm glad you have a great dentist and staff though to make things a bit easier on you. I'm happy to hear you were able to rest and have Zack there to take care of you! Rest lots! You deserve it :)

Tony and Traci said...

Oh no, thats not fun at all. I hate the dentist. The last time that I went the assistant didn't put the numbing gel on before the shot and I started to cry by the 4th shot (yeah did I mention that I hadn't been to the dentist in years? it was bad).

GGayle said...

Wow Em, that is awful.....so glad you are feeling better. Glad you were honest and let them know you were ill....Great staff to care...Proud of you! Mom

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

My goodness...that is awful. Sure do love you! Hope you are feeling better!

Em said...

Amy I don't think paper bags would be sufficient, they'd have to be plastic for easy clean up. =)

Love you all!