Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Good Day

Saturday was very good, everyone was busy with either yard work or house work in the morning. Our reward was well worth it! The kids got to go and play with Gma Gayle (I swear it's like summer camp over there, activities are planned and executed, she's incredible!) and Zack and I flew the coop and enjoyed spending his Father's Day G.C. to Chili's as well as some window shopping, litterally we went all over and bought nothing. Then topped it off with a stop at Baskin Robin's for a cold treat. It was Heaven.

The kids were wiped out when we picked them up so it was a nice quiet ride home then up to bed.

Today has been good as well. I have fallen behind on so many things, but usually not my Father's Day gift for Zack. The hard thing is, is that he earns the money, then I spend it on him. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to do it this weekend, hence why we went shopping on our date, but nothing was bought so I suppose I still failed the objective. He did say that his crown (tooth) was gift enough for him. Not sure that counts, but I sure enjoyed our time alone together. So it was like I gifted myself. Thanks Zack.

The kids all sang well during Sacrament mtg. Haven was part of a quartet and she sang beautifully. Porter squeezed his way up to the front and rested his arms on the stand, it was funny seeing him, the tallest of the first row, just singing away like he deserved to be in the front as much as the next person. =) Maddy went up with out a fight and sang the last chorus which is more than we thought would happen. Way to go Maddy! It was great!

A special thanks to the Thompson's who helped out with Maddy during Sacrament and the Baptism following our block of meetings. We owe yoU!

4 comments:

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

I love seeing the primary kids singing! So Maddy came up to me in the hallway today and waved hello and stood with me for a minute or so. Very social! Love her! I might steal her. But then return her a few hours later. Depends on how its going ;)

Jen said...

How fun!!! I'm glad you and Zack were able to get away for a bit. It's ALWAYS nice to do that! Your in-laws are wonderful!!! A baptism on Sunday? Never heard of that, but fun even so :)

Emily Kern said...

Hey! How are you? I'm glad you had a nice day with Zack. Now...when are you coming to walk? Krissy is out of town now and I am the lone walker these days. See you SOON! p.s., I LOVE microderm abrasion. It is the best thing EVER!!!!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Awesome! We went to Florence and there weren't any primary kids singing in that ward....so sad. Hearing them sing is one of my all time favorites. Anyway, glad you and Zack got some time alone!!! I think Porter does have a right to be in the front row - at least as much as the next person. I would have loved to hear them all sing.