Today has been ok, the kids had a 1/2 day, I was able to watch 2 little friends of Maddy's and that was entertaining.
I even got my dinner in the crockpot this morning so looking forward to a no fuss dinner.
Porter got in a fight at school today. Any thoughts? It is only funny in that Zack has to speak on "Slow to Anger" for Sacrament mtg. on the 20th. And it is just funny timing. Porter does not tolerate being teased. I haven't quite figured out why, but you better be ready for some consequences if you choose to laugh at or tease this kid. I'm not saying putting up with crap is better, I'm just saying he could use other ways to not let his frustration escalate.
His friend was teasing him about liking a girl in his class. Apparently the only course of action for Porter was to grab his friend by the neck of his shirt and spin him around till he fell down. YIKES. That friend's BIGGER friend came to his defense and did similar to Porter but tried to push him to the ground, but Porter wouldn't allow it. I assume this was a bit of a struggle, he mentioned that his friend Luke had stepped in to help him get free. I haven't heard from the school or the teacher with whom I email on a regular basis to keep tabs on Porter's classroom behavior. I think that is a little fishy.
All 3 went to the principal's office, so I am waiting for a call or something on that, I will call tomorrow if I don't hear anything today. So needless to say Porter did not get a stamp on his behavior card today. =( Any ideas or thoughts on how we can better explain how to "ignore, use words or walk away" would be appreciated, Zack can maybe use them in his talk too. hee hee
I'm glad he told me so I didn't have to hear it from the school...if the school would ever call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Haven't you taught him the gouge the eyes mauever yet? That's much more effective than spinning. ;)
No kids = No comments. =)
At least you know he can hold his own! I have tried the whole counting thing to help with my temper, but my foolish husband likes to push his luck! :) I usually just yell:) I know not helpful!
Post a Comment