Thursday, April 3, 2008

Prayers are Universal


This morning while Maddy was at the breakfast table I heard her say, "Jenni says God the Father." I stopped with the dishes, I wasn't sure I'd heard her right. So I asked her what she had said. And she repeated, "Jenni say God the Father and she holds my hand, and I don't like to hold hands." It clicked, oh when they pray at Jenni's house they say God the Father and hold hands. Then Maddy said, "We don't say God the Father, we say Heavenly Father. And we don't hold hands." How neat that she is so observant, I then explained that we all may have different ways of praying, but that Heavenly hears all of our prayers. She then reminded me that we hadn't said our food blessing yet, so she blessed the food. It was nice to start the day off with a spiritual tone. We prayed again before the kids left for school as we always do, but this time I added to help Porter make good choices and to not get into any fights.

I did mention to Porter yesterday that he would need to repent for what he had done. His response pleasantly surprised me, he wanted to repent right away, I told him that to repent we need to apologize to those we had wronged and then ask for their forgiveness before we go to Heavenly Father and ask His forgiveness. He was not happy that he had to wait, but said that he would talk to his friend the next day. We'll see how it all goes.

1 comment:

G said...

It is wonderful that the children are learning so much about the gospel from you and Zachary. They are such beautiful spirits what a great gift for our families. We love all of our "family". Love G