Saturday, April 12, 2008

The 4th Ward Temple Excursion

I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all Eternity.
Maddy's "I don't think so!" Face
I can't believe how old she is getting. Those blurry fingers are Zack's attempt to give Haven bunny ears before I shot the picture. Too slow!


Porter with his Stovall tongue giving him the court advantage.

It was such a wonderful experience. Zack and I were able to do sealings, mostly those for a family in our ward (their anscestors dating back to the 15 and 1600's!).
The kids were able to place next door in the stake center gym with leaders from our ward and the 2nd ward. There was a stage which the girls sang and danced on and lots of kick ball balls for Porter to play with. They had a structured tour of the temple grounds and visitor's center, they all got name tags so they could be "Missionaires". They even got to see an original Book of Mormon from the first printing, it is currently on display at Oakland visitor's center. Thought to be one that Joseph Smith gave to his friend Allen Coates. Too cool. None of the kids wanted to leave when we got back there. Funny thing is, we got done with sealings at 10:30am, lunch wasn't going to be served until 11:30am...so Zack and I turned around to the temple cafeteria and had some cake to kill some time, Mom I wanted to keep tradition alive, but couldn't stomach the flan. I opted for costco carrot cake & Zack had a huge slice of lemon Merengue. It was so good, and fun to sit with Zack.


We also saw Pauline Lewis in the cafeteria, another funny thing is I thought one of the polynesian women with her was Raewyn Fanua, I hugged her from behind, only to find out it wasn't anyone I knew. Hope she enjoyed the hug. =) Hope the other sister at the table wasn't offended she didn't get one.


So back to the kids we went and waited for lunch. Lunch was fabulous, we had catered El Pollo Loco, mmmm. I'm ready for our next Temple Excursion!





4 comments:

Danielle said...

What a beautiful family!!! It was a gorgeous day in the bay area huh?? We went to Armstrong Woods and Berkeley and Goat Rock Beach. We were probably right behind you all. Hope you have a good sabbath! Won't see you Monday cuz I have to take Kenzie for her pre-op in sacramento. I will definitely be there Wednesday!
See Ya

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Hey!!! Awesome day! I wish I was there. I'm getting bay sick. (I can't call it home sick - I think adam gets offended.) Miss you guys.

Em said...

Zack does too when I say I'm going home for the weekend. =)

Allie said...

Hee hee I keep telling people I am going home, and Brian gives me this look... and I just remind him I have two homes...:) And I LOVE Maddy's face! Haven is getting so tall and is still as pretty as ever! And Porter has a fantastic tounge!