Today I am grateful for prayer, I knew today was going to be tricky so I prayed extra hard.
This morning I had to take our truck in to be serviced, as our service engine light started flashing yesterday. (I'm also grateful we made it back from Mom and Dad's safely with a flashing "check engine" light)
Before going into the car shop, my friend Jenni and I touched base as we swap our 3 year olds and today was my day to have her daughter. She graciously offered to switch our swap days so that I could take care of our car issues without two 3 years olds romping about. She is one of the most helpful people I know. So now I was free to face the car shop alone... a miracle in itself.
As I was walking in I recognized Julie's husband, Robert, walking into the same shop. After signing in I found it would be a wait for the issue to be diagnosed so instead of having to find a ride, Robert happily offered me a ride home after his Smog check. Thank you Robert!
While sitting there I also received text messages from Zack with encouragement, love and gratitude for my being able to take the car in first thing as he is in Sacramento all day. It definately boosted my mood.
And now I sit home, with a quiet house, what to do next? BE GRATEFUL!!!
How nice that the Lord takes good care of us even when things aren't going so great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Hey...Sounds like my weekend, but luckily the check engine light went off and there was nothing they could do. Other than that, sounded like you had a great weekend! Talk to you soon
Keep us posted on how the car does. :) I'm glad HF blessed you. He loves you as much as I do (and that's not an easy thing to do since I ADORE you)! :)
OK, that's Amy. I keep forgetting that Marie logs into our computer. :D
I hope whatever is wrong with your car is an easy fix for you guys. I glad you have such a great friend that took both kids and got a ride home from the car repair center. Love ya Emma!
Amy you and Marie are hilarious! I loved Marie's comment on Kristi's blog under your I.D., crack up!
I was thinking, wow, Marie really likes me! =) It's believable! hee hee j/k
Post a Comment