Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Porter's Haircut



So I don't know how many of you cut your own kids' hair, but I do. I'm not a professional nor do I claim to be very good at it, but it saves $30 a month so I put up with the squirming and whining, etc. Well yesterday I was trimming Porter's hair as you've seen in a previous post was getting quite long. I was almost done when I took off the shield to get around the ear, right then I asked Porter to hold still and of course he turned his head right into the clippers and viola!

I didn't tell him I had done anything wrong. The funny part is. Right before bedtime that night, Haven sheepishly came up and asked me if she could take a picture of something. They do this quite often so I wasn't suspicious until Porter came running upstairs. Apparently Haven thought Porter had the right to see what I had done to him and had taken a picture of the back of his head and showed it to him. What even still makes me laugh today is that she then showed me as if I hadn't seen it already. Thanks Haven! Porter is lucky to have a sister like you!

In my defense the picture makes it look much worse and much larger than it really is, I swear!

2 comments:

Jen said...

LOL!!! Hilarious! I died laughing when you wrote what Haven did. Totally cracked me up :)

Nan said...

That is hilarious. I love that Haven is taking care of everyone. :) At least you didn't have to run (giggling) and lock yourself in the bedroom like Grandma L. did when she cut a stripe in Grandpa's head without the guard on the day before school started. Apparently she thought the principal, like Porter, might not be too thrilled. Ha! :)