Friday, September 12, 2008

some of the home pictures

Ok I cheated, I got tired of cleaning. THis is the home we like at the moment, it could change but thought we'd share pictures anyway. 4bed 3full baths, nice large backyard and in a quiet court. It is really quite amazing what one can afford there and that's why we are over there looking. =) This home has some perks & upgrades, recessed lighting in the kitchen, granite countertops, prewired alarm system, two tone paint throughout the whole house, new carpet, wood floors in kitchen and entryway.
master bath, tried to make this bigger oh well. Love the sunken tub!
awesome staircase
dining room, ours won't have this nice furniture.
Entry and formal living room
Full view of kitchen, I actually want a small kitchen, less to clean and is more than sufficient, plus has area for barstools for the kids, love that!
Pantry, YEAH no deep shelves, just lots of them
Black sink
dstairs bedroom
inside dstairs bedroom
Downstairs bathroom, it is nice and wide w/ shower

nice shower in dstairs bath
Tv room, built in entertainment center, LOVE the carpet, like Berber, gas fireplace
breakfast nook in kitchen. Granite counter tops, love the dark wood floor
New black appliances, I'm a BIG fan of black appliances
There are two issues with the home. The previous owners had dogs, that thankfully weren't allowed in the main part of the house, however, they were kept in their laundry room at times. We would have to put in new flooring and fix some of the dry wall in the laundry room, there is a beautiful deep sink in there though and cupboards above and below it, that would be nice. I reassured Zack that even torn up a bit and concrete floors it still beats laundry in the garage!

The other worry is there are squirrels and holes all over the place outside of the home, mainly around the foundation of the home. We would have that inspected as a contingency of course. We've found out how to get rid of them but want to make sure they haven't damaged the property.
Anyone have experience with squirrels? can they ruin a foundation??




8 comments:

Tami said...

Nice lookin' house. Is the builder California Homes? It looks very similar to ours (the media nook, master bath) and almost exactly like our neighbors...they have a bigger model. Good luck with everything!

Allie said...

one word Jealous... which means I am going to go you know where because that is against the commandments:) Love you!

Jen said...

OH MY GOSH! That house is beautiful! I wanna live there!!!! You'll have to email me the price range of these houses and maybe I can convince hubby to transfer there! We're looking to move. . . and quick! I really REALLY love the house and hope you are able to get in it.

Never had experience with squirrels, but we had gophers in our last place. We killed them, but they can have an impact on the foundation, so ya, be sure to get a really good reputable inspector. I noticed that when our home was inspected when we were selling, some inspectors found more than others and they all found different things. So, I'm determined to have 2 inspections done when we buy next. Ya, I'm that paranoid and anal.

I love ya Emma!

Mike'n'Amy said...

Looks lovely. I like the dark surfaces in the kitchen, too. Good luck!

Mir said...

Wow! Like it lots Em!! All the best to you guys!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

where is the pic of the outside? Looks wonderful in the inside... even though it is in PATTERSON! I'm so happy for you guys. Is the foundation concrete slab? I don't believe they can damage that. Oh and I know a few good ways to get rid of squirrels. From my Ag Biologist days. Let me know if you need help with them. We will declare war on them.

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Love it!!! Jealous of the tub! I wanted a soaking tub, but the house I fell in LUV with didn't have one. Bummer.

Awesome house. I hope everything goes well with the inspections and such!!

Janell said...

What a GORGEOUS home Em! Squirrels you ask.....well you have friends in the right places. Mark can tell you all about the squirrels and chipmunks here AND how to catch them! :) I don't know about foundations, but they can do a number on your lawn and are SUPER annoying! Good luck and I can't wait to hear about it!