Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cienna's Baptism Day

Today was very nice. It began a little stressful as we arrived to a locked church building wondering if the font had been filled and anything set up. THankfully after Dad ran home to get the keys, in we went and the font was nearly read, a nice table cloth with the programs was set up and everything went a little smoother. Cienna picked a cute baptism suit, she looked a little like huck fin, as she was too tall for it, but it was still big on her around her middle. I can't wait to add pictures. Here is where I need some divine intervention as I spilled water on the camera and I think I may have destroyed the thing. I was the only one with a camera before the baptism so all the pics are on my camera. I wish I wasn't such a clutz, but I suppose I should be used to myself by now.

Zack gave a nice talk on Baptism. When it was time to go in the water with Gpa, A row of little bottoms faced the group as all the kids bent over the step to look into the font. THank heaven for the mirrors. =)

The primary President handed out papers and pens to everyone so they could write a note or testimony to Cienna while her and Gpa changed. That is a good Idea, I have never seen that before.

Then Gpa gave the talk on the HOly Ghost and she got her blanket from Gma. Then Confirmed. Directly after she went over to her Dad, sitting in the front row, and gave him a BIG squeeze! Then back to the circle to shake hands and hug gpa and Zack.

Cienna did great. She asked me to sing a solo, If the Savior Stood Beside Me. The best part was, that when the music began Ethan (my 4 yr. old nephew) and Maddy (3) sang at the top of their lungs right along with me. It was wonderful. I love primary and that the children know and love these sweet songs. I don't like singing by myself so I was really grateful.

Then came the cake, egg rolls, and noodles. Quynh was so thoughtful to have eggrolls, I had mentioned that I had craved her egg rolls (which are to die for) last week at Porter's baptism so she hooked me up. THanks Quynh! The room was packed, those attening are not limited to, but my memory might be limited: ( forgive my spelling)

The Hursts
Cherie Rasmussen
Agnes Miller
Cathy Anderson
Bill Broadbent
The Stangers
Raywyn
Charlotte Hinde
Margaret Schwartz
Kathy Birtsch
3 girlfriends from Cienna's school
The Stovalls-us
Que Ngyuen
Bishop McNiel
Heidi Broadbent and girls
Sheridan Smith and girls
Tamara Bermudes
Steph Miles
And 3 others that I didn't know

SO you can see it was a GREAT group of friends and family. Then back to the house for some swimming (it's so cold here compared to TUrlock) So there were 9 kids playing in the hot tub, wish I could have taken those pics, but like I said, I think my camera has met it's match. =( And yummy Korean bbq. I even snuck away and got a nap. I have to say that was my favorite after baptism activity, hands down. I was up at 4am wide awake so I was very ready for a rest.

All in all a great Day! I hope Mom is able to rest, she's been running all day.

Almost bedtime for the kids, yipee!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I am so jealous it sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Tell mom I am sorry I forgot to call, as I got wrapped up in my day, that makes me lame! Loves!

Jen said...

Sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm sorry you spilled water on your camera! Key thing to do there is to take the battery and memory card out immediately and NOT turn the thing on until it's completely dried out, may take a few days. I've saved my camera and numerous cell phones by doing this!