Fast Sunday is the first Sunday of every month, where we are asked to fast for 2 meals, and donate the money that would have used for those meals to the church. 100% off the fast offerings goes to help those in our ward boundaries.
During our Sacrament mtg. we usually have 3 speakers, on Fast Sundays the congregation is allowed to share their testimonies from the pulpit. Maddy has been fascinated to see all the people go up, especially some of her little buddies. This Sunday was no different and up we went. (I've been up 3 times with her) To my surprise though, while we were waiting for our turn, Haven and then Porter came up and joined me. I was elated.
Maddy went first, she has come a long way, she use to just breathe into the microphone then get angry when I took her away. She spoke very well and not too loud. She was mostly prompted by me, I can't wait till she can share her testimony by herself. Haven did a lovely job. I helped her with some things but mainly asked her questions like "what are you grateful for" then she would answer into the mic. It was nice to hear her sweet testimony. The big shocker was Porter. He has gotten up 1 time before, that is when he lost the tip of his finger, and wanted everyone to know that our prayers had been answered through the whole ordeal. However, he wanted me to tell everyone while he stood next to me. So when he said his testimony willingly with no help from me, I was super proud of him.
I truly enjoy seeing my children grow in the gospel, knowing that they are children of God, making sure I read them scriptures each night, and reminding me each time it is time to pray. I'm so grateful that I know this church is true, I'm so grateful that I have been blessed to be raised in the church, for my testimony and I am so grateful for the joy it brings to my life and my family. It was a great Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Ahhh that is so sweet!
You've got amazing kids!!! I wish I could have been there to hear their testimonies. So wonderful! Love you!
Post a Comment