Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Heart Stopping Birthday


Today Porter's birthday fun started around 6:00am. When we heard him screaming bloody murder from down stairs. We should have been time at how fast Zack and I exited the bed to rush to his rescue. It was impressive. The best part was that Zack was a tad bit faster than I so I layed back down while he went to investigate.

Porter made it to our room in no time flat, SCREAMING. Everybodies hearts were pounding hard (except Maddy impressively didn't wake). "AHHHHHH, breath, AHHHHHHH!" What Porter what?!?!? "There's a Monster!" full on screaming pointing at our bedroom door. A few seconds later Haven came into our room, looking like a little vampire all curled up in her dark purple blanket....Monster, I think not. Apparently Porter had woken up early and decided to get his gameboy down stairs as he is required to stay in bed till 7am. Haven was surprisingly awake as she sleeps forever, and decided to wrap herself up and wait in the hallway for him to come back up. I guess when Porter reached the top of the stairs he saw a dark figure (however small) moving and he completely freaked out and ran for his LIFE. However, he was brave enough to run past the monster into Mom and Dad's room. =)

It took us all a few mintues to calm down and laugh at the situation.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!


He did enjoy opening one gift this evening (the rest we are saving for our family party). Since starting the 3rd grade he is an avid Pokem0n card collector, he got a set that included 60 cards + one mega foil card of his favorite pokemon, as you see pictured above. I spelled Pokemon, Pokeman and Porter corrected me trying not to hurt my feelings, that was cute.
After opening and seeing his treasures he came back over to me and said, "I don't know if I'll ever stop hugging you Mom, I love it!" I would have done this months ago to have this response. =)

5 comments:

Allie said...

It would have freaked me out porter too! Its ok:) Happy Birthday!

Jen said...

The Monster thing was hilarious. His response to his Pokemon card thing a ma jig? Completely priceless! What a sweet boy! Happy Birthday to Porter!

Mike'n'Amy said...

Was Haven just cracking up??

Happy Birthday, Porter!!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

LOL! Poor sweet boy. Shoot poor Haven too. I'd hate to be screamed at at 6am. I'm not sure I would have woke up either. Heavy sleeper. Anyway...TANGENT!

Happy Birthday Perter!!!! Love you kid.

Mir said...

Too funny!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!
You are such a neat boy!
Have a blessed year!