We attended a class on dental health at Maddy's preschool. So scary, they pulled out pictures of children's teeth that had decayed...ewww. So no more soda or cheetos for my kids! There was a 13 year old with NO cavities, then at his appointment at 15 he had 52 cavities (more than the teeth in his head) just from changing his diet with a lot more soda and not improving his dental habits. Can you imagine that dental bill???
The thing that I learned though, was to not brush too hard. I am so guilty of this, because I hate yucky feeling teeth. Apparently you should only use a Soft toothbrush. kids and adults alike. And not push too hard, just take more time brushing. As the brushing too hard can actually brush away enamel. Doh!
So I was grateful I learned something new and thought I would share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Yikes! I don't even want to think about it. I have usually been a victim of cavities. I just get lazy and too tired. I know that it will only take minutes, but usually push it off. I have gotten a lot better though since I had 7 cavities and an aweful dentist. I had to get 4 shots in my mouth and the dumb lady before the dentist didn't give me the numbing gel. I brush religously now.
Post a Comment