Tuesday was fabulous, I mean FAB U LOUS! Ann and Adam arrived at the wee hour of 2am, and we were able to wake up to find them snug in bed, with all 3 of the kids chatting away. I suppose I slept in a little as the sound of chatter woke me up. Bonus for me. It was freezing like 53 degrees in the morning, so swimming was out. We ended up heading to the zoo.
The kids kept saying "the only thing that could make this better would be to have our Texas cousins with us!" 6 boys were definately missing that day. I will add that their Mother's were missed even more by me.
It was a saving grace to have Ann and Adam and Quynh along with Mom and I. We walked all over, ate a yummy packed lunch and rode the train, well I didn't but we sent all 6 kids with A & A. I walked over to take a picture of the kids and Maddy asked, "are you going with us Mom?" I said "no not this time" and her response was, "yeah!" 100% Maddy. Gotta love her.
The amphibian house was closed. The kids love this house because of the ginormous anaconda. But they seem to be remodeling that whole half of the zoo, so no luck, so much walking for nothing. We did go by the playground and played for a while. Then headed to the children's zoo. We, the adults except maybe Momba and Adam, were pretty tired and somehow we managed to skip the majority of the children's zoo and head home.
The kids kept saying "the only thing that could make this better would be to have our Texas cousins with us!" 6 boys were definately missing that day. I will add that their Mother's were missed even more by me.
It was a saving grace to have Ann and Adam and Quynh along with Mom and I. We walked all over, ate a yummy packed lunch and rode the train, well I didn't but we sent all 6 kids with A & A. I walked over to take a picture of the kids and Maddy asked, "are you going with us Mom?" I said "no not this time" and her response was, "yeah!" 100% Maddy. Gotta love her.
The amphibian house was closed. The kids love this house because of the ginormous anaconda. But they seem to be remodeling that whole half of the zoo, so no luck, so much walking for nothing. We did go by the playground and played for a while. Then headed to the children's zoo. We, the adults except maybe Momba and Adam, were pretty tired and somehow we managed to skip the majority of the children's zoo and head home.
At the entrance
Maddy took over a purse and camera Majel had brought
at the play ground, Adam manned the swings, while we girls sat by the playgrounds and supervised. I was happy for a sitting break. My favorite pic from this event is Adam jumping from the swing, my camera had perfect timing and it came out great! He is hilarious to say the least....
We had to swim when we got home, as my kids pointed out to me, that I said we'd swim EVERYDAY except for Sunday, so we did. =) They did sleep well that night.





2 comments:
You guys are just too fun! I love all these pictures and the sack lunches are a great idea! Once again, I LOVE your family! Wish I was there :(
Tuesday was awesome and the zoo was so much fun! I missed Amy and Allie and all the boys too!!!
The pics are great! I will have to get copies!!! Course I need to start scrapbooking again so that I can remember these things.
Ethan was really cute with Porter and vice versa. Seemed that Porter didn't mind having a boy there to hang out with a little bit.
It was a beautiful day and swinging is easy don't ya know. =)
The swing picture is AWESOME! My hubby is hilarious. He cracks me up everyday.
Swimming was awesome too!
Jen - Wish you were there too!
Post a Comment