Sunday is always a busy day, as we enjoy going to church. The favorite part is that our cousins come with us! Uncle Gene drops them off so we can enjoy them! I have to say Mom and I are always out numbered and tend to give a "show" during sacrament mtg. But each time we somehow survive. Thank heaven for Primary!
We enjoyed wonderful talks from the youth who had just come back from Zion's camp (boys camp) and girl's camp. They shared their testimonies of what they had learned and experienced. The young men enjoyed walking in the footsteps of Jesus with the parables of the good samaritan, and others. I can't believe I can't remember all of them, but there you have it.
The girls talked of their 3 day hike. Girl's attending for their 4th year go on a 3 day hike where they leave camp for 3 days and hit the trails. This year they got off of the trail on their way back. Through faith and prayer and good leaders with a GPS watch, they were able to find their way 4 hours later. The moral of the story is that they were able to have faith, and trust, and even though they got off the correct path, with some work, they were able to get back on track. Like we do in our daily lives as we strive to do what is right.
I really enjoyed it, and was surprised I was able to hear so much of it with the kids moving around. A tender mercy.
The rest of the day was spent with the cousins at Mom's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
How fun!!!
Don't you mean umple Gene? =)
Post a Comment