Sunday, July 13, 2008

A good Thursday & Friday

The gangs all here
Porter loved having a boogie board to play with
Our good little swimmer
Haven the scuba diver, for the first 1/2 she wore the mask half off as she was sure she was still supposed to breathe through her nose. =)
Surfer dude

Once again the smoke from all the forest fires has kept us inside. We finally chose to rebel after being cooped up so long. Amanda invited us over to enjoy some swim time. The kids and I were so grateful to get out and stay cool at the same time. We had a great time, thanks Amanda!


Then on Friday we enjoyed some visitors. Mom and Annie came up for a quick over night Thursday night and we had fun all Friday. We first stopped at the donut shop, tradition, then ran a few errands before returning to the indoors. The dollar store was way more fun with Gma and Annie, first of all, they let the kids ride the rides. Who knows what germs live on those....

Porter didn't seem to want to ride, until he found a way to do it on someone else's $0.50.



After returning home with our goodies, we got to work, I found some great paints at the $1 store and some wooden figures at Michael's. It kept the kids good and busy for a while. We got a surprise visit from Gpa Michael. Always a pleasure! We were sad to miss Gma Gayle, but grateful for the goodies that he brought.

Aunt Annie helped the girl's make their own bracelets and all the kids took turns playing tennis in doors. Not the best idea, but they enjoyed it and Gma Gretchen only got hit twice in the face.

It was so nice to have company, I even got a nap in. THANK YOU!!!!!

Maddy painted all her items rather quickly, both sides too!

So nice to have Porter smiling

Notice the donut box and the box of cookies, sugar anyone??

Haven's Horse

6 comments:

Mike'n'Amy said...

Great little artists, but...where's MY donut??

Jen said...

How fun! I'm jealous!!!! I'm glad you got a nap in :)

Janell said...

You've got some serious talent in the family! Looks like you all had so much fun, is that a picture of Ann I see at the table? :)

Em said...

yep, that's Ann.

Allie said...

I wish I was there! Haven has some talent! Porter looks even older! I can't believe it!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

It was such a blast to be there. I hope the kids all settled down a little from my teasing them relentlessly. Man what fun I had!!!!! Thanks for having us!