Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back from Sanity leave

Ok ok, ok, so some of you may already know, but I am now almost 10 weeks pregnant with our 4th child. I feel like I'm dying. =) So I've escaped to my Mom's in the Bay Area where the weather is at least 15-30 degrees cooler than here in good 'ol pergatory. I was literally freezing most mornings, but the energy I still had after 1pm was proof that it was way worth the trip, not only to enjoy my Mom, which is always an uplifting experience, but to also allow the kids to play all day everyday. We swam every day except for Sunday and made a trip to the zoo, 60 degrees and sprinkling. It's hard to believe how different the temperature can be just 2 litte 'ol hours away.

There is always fun stuff to do at Grandma's. We have been blessed with 2 amazing Grandma's who continually love and dote on the kids. They are both so fun and creative, and I wish I had 1/2 their energy!

Thanks Mom for continually letting me come and sit like a lump.

Thanks to Zack too, who took a day off work to move our new (well new to us) computer desks upstairs and got all that set up, and did Dishes while we were away! Mom and I had a bet going. I left in kind of a rush, as I was wiped out and just wanted to get to my destination, in my hurry I noticed a hot dog in a pan of water on the stove. My first thought was to take care of it, but my second thought came fast, and I left it. So we placed a bet to see if the hot dog would still be there when I got home. I was rooting for Zack and I won! The pan was clean in the dishwasher, hooray!

I will get pictures on here when I get my hiney to remember to bring my camera upstairs with me.


PS I have really enjoyed all the fun make-over pictures that have been shared with me!!! Thanks for taking the dare and sharing! Made me smile!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Emma. How I've missed you! I'm so happy you were able to go visit with your mom. I know she always takes such great care of you! I sure love you to pieces and miss you so much!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon. Anyway, I've always been amazed the differences in temperature when you go east from the coast. A couple of weeks ago we went to Stinson Beach just to escape the heat and smoke. So much nicer there that day.

The Thrasher Family said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for your entire family...and of course the fact that we will have little ones close in age :) Hope to see you soon!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

whhhhaaaaaaaatttt??? Shut Up! Congrats!!!!! I am so very happy for you guys!!!! Anthony gets a play buddy!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

I'm glad that you were able to escape for a little break and have some fun at Mom's house!!!!!!! Love you!