Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A great day

Yesterday Zack had the day off work. Haven had been invited to a friends home for the day and Porter and Maddy were chillin' with us. So I asked Zack if he could please occupy Porter. If anyone needs some "boy" time it's Porter as he is stuck with 3 girls all day everyday. They had a great time, including lunch at Chili's, and a movie. Miniature golf was an option, but with the bad air quality a movie was the next best thing. Maddy and I were able to run all our errands and we even made it over to the library and read some fun books together.

When Haven got home she learned that Porter was seeing Wall-E with Dad and her response was, " I only got to play for 8 hours?!?!?" Gosh the nerve of her parents, letting her go off and play, swim and eat with her two little girlfriends. I've always reminded my kids that life isn't fair, but somehow they all seem to think it should be for heaven's sake. Thanks Zack for the Father Son day, Porter LOVED it! ....and so did I.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How wonderful!! I'm glad you were able to get things done and Zack and Porter were able to have a Father/Son day. Haven cracks me up!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

How fun for Zack and Porter!!! And YOU! Poor haven for ONLY getting to play for 8 hours. I love playing. I've been doing it the whole time I've been here and it has been a blast. =)