The "tiny" group assembled, we had such a great turn out.
Loads of Fun! We decided to go to our ward BBQ that started at 10am. Zack had been disappointed as he was sure that all 4th of July ward activities were breakfasts, but we both left proven wrong. We had the best time. The weather was amazing, a little over cast in the 70's it was so nice to be outside, instead of our normal 104 July weather that is on it's way for next week.
The compamy was the best as Gram and Gpa Stovall came out to the festivities! The food was also wonderful, although we were bummed we missed out on the homemade tamales. blink and they were gone. watermelon was my favorite.
The games were waterballoon volleyball which Porter and Gpa teamed up and Dad and Haven. Maddy was off in her own little world roaming around with her little buddies and occassionally one of her babysitters. There were only 2 exists, so I just sat near both with Mom and made sure Maddy didn't leave.
They had a slip n slide, and a sprinkler, soccer, kickball and a football game that Zack enjoyed. 2 touchdowns, and an assist! Way to go babe you still got it!
Zack and I have been blessed to work with the youth in our congregation. It's so fun to be around them, they are so much fun and help us to feel like we are young to. Gotta Love 'em!
Maddy demanding watermelon while eating her chicken, pretty...
Chelsea wet and on the move, I had called her name and she was turning around. Looks like she is pretending to sit, but she was moving away from her brother.Run baby run! He's still got it!
Visiting, and Dad getting a little wet. He was funny, twice he threw water on me, guess he thought I was wilting or something. =) I got him back though, all the kids kept "getting him back" When people ask "you and what army?" I can confidently reply, "me and my 3 unbelievably determined kids who are able to focus on a mission, a water mission that is. They got some of the Young Men that had been soaking Zack as well. For some reason they were surprised we allowed our sweet kids to play too, how else would we win? I ask you?
We were some of the last one's to leave. The weather was so accomodating and there was so much room to spread out, we were in no hurry to head home to our warm house.





2 comments:
What a fun time! It all looks like SO.MUCH.FUN!
Oh my goodness...it looks like you all had such a great time!!! I am glad that Haven is so sure of her standing as not trashy. She sure is a sweet little girl. Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment