Gma Gayle, is amazing. She had planned out numerous games for the kids to play until darkness fell for the fireworks. She reminds me a lot of my Sister Amy, who can come up with the most creative and fun ideas with little work. They should get together and co-author a book!
Getting fireworks with Dad before getting home, looking at the catalog together. Porter opted to ride in Gpa and Gma's truck so he was MIA.
We started with holding clothes pins over an empty water jug, aiming and trying to get them in the small opening. Gpa was impressive, the kids needed more work. Maddy had it down she simply bent over and put it in, foregoing the hold it at waist level rule.
Then onto the outside fun. Gayle had made empty cans into walking stilts, it was so fun to watch them manuever around. She had even taken care to make soft handles. Amazing!
Next was the sponge target game. Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so when I saw it I figured they would just need to throw the sponges into the hole, but there was a twist, there had to be a kid/adult behind the circle to hit! Too fun! Dad and Gpa were both good sports. I took the pictures. She is Artistic as well!
It really was a picture perfect day, I even snuck in a nap.
The fireworks were great! The kids were so excited. I will post those pics later as the camera is downstairs and I am upstairs and it's over 80 degrees in this house. ugh...





6 comments:
no, they didn't make me leave. i didn't feel adequate for a rm book of mormon study! haha so i wrote a letter to you but it was a rough draft so now i need to copy it to the paper! sorry im such a slacker! miss ya!
That picture of Haven is priceless! Looks like it was a ton of fun!
Yeah, she definitely sounds like Amy. Too fun!
WOW!! Gayle is AWESOME!!!! I can't believe how creative and fun that all was! I'm totally jealous!! I agree with Janell, the picture of Haven was HILARIOUS! Totally PRICELESS!
This is SO cute! I love it - I'm logging it away in my mind for future use!! What a fun 4th!
Haven...it says HAPPY 4th of July...HAPPY! hahaha. Totally love that picture. She cracks me up!
Love all the games and stuff that Gma Gayle came up with. She is one talented lady. =)
Post a Comment