Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pajaro Dunes

Maddy took a break from the surf and we played in the sand

Muscle Man
Maddy floating away, Porter trying out his board


They were just crazy

Building a wall with Dad, it just got washed out
A sand dollar, Porter was so sad as he was told to leave it. "Take only pictures and leave only footprints" has become a motto of mine as they can get pretty carried away with what they want to bring home. In my defense, Zack was the one who said no this time. =) (quote stolen from San Diego Zoo staff)

I love this picture of Zack and Haven


For the last Horah of Summer, Zack and I packed the kids up and headed over to the beach for their surprise last "staycation". We got boogie boards this time, and were ready to rock and roll. There was a ton of wildlife all over. Dolphins were jumping out of the water in pairs, pelicans were flying over by the dozens, and we saw some friendly seals. One of which came pretty close to Porter, I noticed after I saw him screaming and running from the water.

It was fantastic. We were some of the first to the beach, picked out the best location and set up. I was in heaven as Zack took all 3 kids down to the water, and I just sat and watched. The weather was beautiful, a little chilly but so much nicer than 106. We brough PB&J for lunch and the seagulls really love the crust from the sandwiches, so much so, that the kids enjoyed after lunch exercise of running the birds off. =)

Boogie boarding was a little too scary for the kids, I think that if Zack had more 1 on 1 time with each it would have been more successful, but keeping an eye on 3 in the waves is work enough.

I was able to relax and listen to the ocean and watch everyone having a wonderful time. I did get my exercise however, as the dunes are nearly 30 feet tall if not higher and unfortunately for me, the bathroom was on the other side of the dunes, I was wiped out.

Not wanting the day to end, we headed over to our favorite pizza place that Gpa Lamoreaux found, it's called Upper Crust and Soooo good. We ate to our hearts content, then with more urging from the kids off we went to the S.C. wharf to see the sea lions and get our traditional cotton candy. It was FREEZING by this time and was even drizzling. It is Amazing how different the temperatures can be in so short a distance. Anyway, it was time to go when all the grumping settled in. So home we went.

It was kind of silly. When we first arrived I started blogging in my head. Wish I would have had a hand tape recorder =). I just kept thinking how truly blessed we are, how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband and kids, and how beautiful everything was.

Thank you for the perfect ending to a forever long summer. =)

The sea Lions were worn out too
He didn't last long either
Oh, now she is smiling....little twerd

2 comments:

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

I don't think I have ever gone to Pajaro Dunes...but it looks and sounds like a blast! All except for the bathrooms being on the other side of the dunes. But the wildlife sounds great. I've never seen a dolphin in the wild...nor have I gotten close to a friendly seal. Poor Porter. =)

I'm sad for Porter cause he didn't get to keep the sand dollar...how'd he find it?

I LOVE the pick of Haven being helped out by Zack. That is so cool and a great pic.

Glad you had a great time. Miss you guys!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

HAHAHAHAHAH! I just saw that you used twerd. AWESOME!