Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hair Bows

School Pride Bows (she added the maroon it didn't come in the blue/white pack)
Tutti Fruiti Bows (look better in real life)
Tropical Bows

Thanks to one of my best customers I was able to enjoy creating some fun bows. Thought I would share them. It's amazing how calming creating something is, at least when all 3 kids are at school. =)

I give the option of providing the ribbon and getting the bows 1/2 off. This saves me time and gas money and the customer gets the exact colors they want. When this does happen for multiple layered bows there has to be some trust in me, or a mapped out version of what they want so I don't make something they don't like. That is always a little stressful, but it usually turns out well.

If you need ribbon walmart, or the $1 spot at Michael's are good places. One of my favorites though is www.theribbonretreat.com I can get better deals and I can shop online. That is where this customer bought her groups of ribbon shown above.

I've also been thinking of putting a bow making class together. Anyone interested? We'd start with the basic and if that is successful we can move our way up to layered bows and more.

11 comments:

Mike'n'Amy said...

Beautiful! My favorite is the blue. :)

Danielle said...

I would definitely be interested in learning how to make the bows. I need to find something to do in my spare time while they are in school. LOL. Thanks for the advice. I can't wait til they get home today to try it out!

Tony and Traci said...

They are very pretty! When I have a little girl someday I'll definitely have to have you put one together for me

Janell said...

Those are so cute....so is the class gonna be online? I so need to learn how to make bows. You are so talented Em!

Susan said...

Where did you learn how to do the bows? Our ward has a craft day and I think the bows are going to be one of the crafts.

Em said...

I bought a bow making book with the bow making tool online on ebay. It was a $30 investment, but it has paid off big. It is really well written with step by step instructions and pictures for each step.

It's called Tricks of the Trade (TOTT) bows, bling, and girly things. The bow maker tool is simple to make if you are good with wood. you can view what it looks like at www.theribbonretreat.com.

Sometimes it is easier to watch it done first, that is why I thought a class might be fun. A girl's night out.

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

can you do you do gift bows too? I want to learn to make cool bows for Christmas boxes and such. I purchased some bow maker wood thing, but I think the user is retarted and can't figure it out.
=0)

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

ha I'm so out of it. Must be the stinky diaper getting filled by my feet. The smell has addled my brain!

Em said...

I don't know how to do gift bows. But would be up for learning with you!

Jen said...

How fun! You are SO FLIPPIN' talented. . . I'm up for a craft night! :)

Ann said...

HOly crap! You are talented. Amazing!!!!! Shouldn't tell all your secrets. =)