Went like this....
everyone awake and So excited. We even had time to do hair! This year we didn't go "school clothes" shopping, and the kids didn't even notice or seem to care, who knew?? Then out front for pictures. They won't be riding the bus in the mornings as Maddy has to be taken to preschool at 7:45am, yes that is right 7:45am. So they will get driven to school. Now that the option of a bus in the AM is out, they are upset that they don't get to ride it until their way home.
Get to school. Find Porter's Classroom, he has a new teacher we are excited to meet her, but she is not there yet. So then Haven and Porter go play on the "big kid" playground while I sign Maddy in. I leave to make sure Haven gets her breakfast (she is crazy, she loves eating at school) she was alone so Porter and I sat with her till she was done. Finally meet Porter's Teacher, she seems nice. Back to check on Maddy while the older kids play again. their school doesn't start until 8:30am. So technically I could take Maddy to school then walk them to the bus stop, but you know me, I like to do everything in one swoop.
Ok back to Maddy, she is annoyed that I show up, wondering why I am in her class?!?! Of all the nerve! I had a feeling she would be just like Haven and she was. She insisted I leave, so after a few pictures I gave in and left. Haven was on her way to her classroom so I followed her and we had a nice visit with her teacher Mrs. Blount who is by far my favorite teacher ever. Porter had her and he didn't have one problem in her class. that speaks volumes....
Anyway, it was a good first day. Glad the kids are still excited to go back.
Maddy's eyes rolling as she sees me back in her classroom.





4 comments:
Can't wait!!! Also, since all three of your kids are in school, and both of mine are too.....thats just a girls morning waiting to happen!! LOL. Maddy was so cute in the little video!
Oh yea...your friend Jenni's (I think) son is in Mackenzie's Kindergarten class. I was so glad to see a familiar face among all of the parents!
Ok so this is so cute! I'm glad it was a good day. Haven is adorable in the pics and Porter was handsome as ever! Maddy's personality sure does shine through in all of her pics... I love that feisty attitude. =)
Too cute! So glad they had a great first day! Way to go kids!
Post a Comment