I am not sure why, but I am completely annoyed with two movies I watched yesterday. They were both fun to watch, but the principle of the outcome is what baffles me.
I watched Iron Man. A guy who doesn't care about anything, sleeps with someone new every night. His trusted assistant Pepper is in love with him. And in the end he gets the girl.
I watched Made of Honor. A guy has rules to never see the same women for two consecutive days, which means he also sleeps around daily. Meanwhile his best friend Hannah, is always there for him, a great person and is for some reason in love with him. And is so thrilled in the end when she ends up with him.
Does this bother anyone else??? My title was almost Used Cars. Both men use these women because they are smart, helpful and do a good job and they make them happy when they are around them. But neither male is willing to commit until some life changing moment in which they immediately get the girl.
Why would any woman dote on such a man and wait years for him to discover she is awesome? Thank heaven for those men that someone does, but still, morally I don't like how the men sleep around and have all this "fun", don't have problems like baby mamas, STDs, etc, and then they live happily ever after with great girls.
To throw them a bone, they both change and commit, but who would wait around that long for someone who doesn't value themselves? Just ticked me off a little. I'm pregnant whatcha gonna do? Got all sorts of opinions ready to fly.
just thinking.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I was so disappointed in Made of Honor. I was looking so forward to seeing that and I was really let down. There just arent any good movies much anymore.
BYW...You're AWESOME!! I met Anna(i think that's her name, I met so many girls today). She said, "are you Emily's friend". Such a sweet girl and I really appreciate you telling her about me ;)
Again, let me know of anything I can do for you!!
Love Ya Tons
I haven't seen Made of Honor and we're actually gonna watch Iron Man tonight, so I'll tell ya what I think. But, I do agree with you. It's all jacked up!
Yes I agree, and I haven't seen either movie, but most movies send that its ok for a man to do it, and its ok for him to change it up. Just a thought:)
Totally understand where you are coming from. Can't believe media now days!! I can't even stand the television. Luckily I have eliminated cable in my home. Paying money to go to the theater has becomes such a waste of time and money. I have gone back to the old time feature films for families lately. Gotta love the classics like Hosiers. Emily I am so happy we have touched base again. So fun to look through your blog!!
I saw "Made of Honor" with a bunch of friends for a girls' night, and was totally disappointed. And I'm sure they wrote it so that the guy and girl would end up together because "that's what the audience would want". Eeew. Who would want a guy like that?
Post a Comment