Friday, October 3, 2008

Proposition 8

I cannot stress enough how incredibly important this Proposition is. Please feel free to check out my other blog at http://proposition8protectmarriage.blogspot.com/. I also know there are other propositions in other states similar to this one. Fighting to Protect the definition of Marriage between a man and a woman.
This does not take any rights away from the gay and lesbian couples. But it DOES take away our rights as to how we can teach our children, how we can marry a spouse (no more "bride" and "groom"), how we can worship, and the rights of adoption agencies, the rights of clergy and Doctors. I am just so nervous that this Proposition has been twisted into "we hate gays" and that no one should suffer not being able to wed whom they love. The truth is they can become spouses, they just are not under the definition of Marriage. This is a BIG deal! So big in fact that I am willing to make phone calls (my biggest dislike) and walk around neighborhoods to make sure people know the truth about the prop.
The only way evil will win is if the good do NOTHING!
If you would also like to help or have a yard sign, bumper sticker (those in cali) or make calls PLEASE contact me and I can get you the information! If nothing else, please pray with us as we strive to do what is right. Thank you, God Bless!
Remember to Vote YES on Prop 8 November 4th!

No comments: