Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So i was thinking today

I know, shocker...

I'm 29 weeks pregnant now, and only 10 weeks to go (hopefully one or two less). This pregnancy has been quite the mental and physical challenge. I thought this was supposed to get EASIER with each child, but I have found that the opposite is definately true.

I am, however, very grateful for Zack. With the other 3 pregnancies I was pretty much able to keep up with all my responsibilites. But with this one, with bed rest on and off, and just a HUGE lack of energy, 3 kids, not to mention my back coming apart. I have often found the laundry washed and dried so all I have to do is sit and fold. I have also seen Zack and the kids fend for their meals more willingly on their own, this is huge. It went from being a "personal chef" to "a bump on a pickle" (as my nephew would say). I have also noticed that heavy things are lifted for me, the children are more willing to follow me around as "I" pick up things off the floor by pointing things out and having them pick it all up. =) I have been truly blessed.

I know I joke that I am clearly a "slow learner" to keep having kids, but honestly I am excited. Sure, there is plenty I would rather not repeat at this stage in our family like diapers, spit up, potty training,etc. but I do know that we are bringing our family together and that this baby is supposed to be here with us, whether we deserve him or not. I am so grateful for that.

I am so grateful for my family and all my great friends who keep tabs on me. And lift me up just when I need it.

I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Me love you long time! By the by the cards are Fantastic! i also peeked at Ame's gift (mainly to make her jealous:D) and they are AWESOME! Next year get my name:D I love you and miss you! Wish I could be there for his birth! I am sad to miss it, it seems I am every other though, so you should have one more:D

Mike'n'Amy said...

Love you more than I can say, Em.