Thursday, December 25, 2008

Knights Ferry







It was a rather stressful weekend last weekend (dec 20) so Zack packed the family up and we just left for a drive. It is nice that he grew up around here as he can pretty much head in any direction and know where he is headed, and I have no clue, even after almost 7 years here.
We ended up at Knights Ferry, where we usually try to see the Salmon run in November. It was freezing, but the bathrooms were open and when there is a bathroom there is a way for this prego lady. We hiked up and around, and enjoyed being outside. We did have to turn around from our hike as I started cramping. But we just headed back to the river and tossed rocks. And I sat. =) It was so nice to get out and away from everything. We also enjoyed a very hilly ride home which was pretty close to riding a rollercoaster and we all had fun. I'm so glad we are free to enjoy life around us and that Zack is able to provide a little serenity when needed.

1 comment:

Mir said...

I remember Knights Ferry! We went there often after my family moved to Oakdale!! Back when I was a freshman in high school til about the last 2 years , we had still visited. Wow.. brings back memories!