Saturday the 6th, I was a part of a Holiday Breakfast with Santa event at a Charter School. I had a MK booth as well as room for my hairbows, etc. Zack brought the kids about 1/2 way through and they enjoyed a yummy breakfast then got their picture taken with Santa. This particular Santa is actually in our ward. His wife and others had set up the whole event. It was a great success. The kids had a blast, and I had some time out of the house. Zack then took them over to the church for their Primary Activity. Where he smartly decided to have an Elder's Quorum Meeting, since some of the other wives were also vendors at the Santa event. And primary was providing the babysitting. Just brilliant. I dont give Zack all the credit he is due. He was a HUGE help.
Which reminds me I skipped over us having the flu. I have to mention a few things in honor of Zack. I was sick all Saturday night, I wasn't sure if I had just over eaten or had done too much that day but I was out for the count. I knew I was sick when Maddy woke up at 2am throwing up. Thank heaven it was in the middle of one of the huge floor tiles as the grout hasn't been sealed. A silver lining if you will.
Zack gave Maddy a bath while I cleaned up the yucky stuff on the tile. Then I laid down and Zack cleaned up the rest, got the girls moved and their bedding washed. I was up inbetween for myself, but when Maddy had another episode, Zack jumped right up out of bed to assist her and I didn't even move. (side note: he had not slept the night before, he spent all night playing a video game with Gene...that wasn't so brilliant, but he never gets to do stuff like that so I was glad for him, just sad it happened the night before he really needed more rest)
Maddy had 2 more episodes, both of which I skipped and slept.
Then Porter came running back, thankfully he made the toilet. So 3 down and Zack was watching over all of us with little to no sleep. We didn't go to church, and went home that evening. With no more yucky stuff in the car, thank Heaven.
It lasted a few more days, but it did help being home in our own beds. Wish we could have left on a happier note, but again, thankful it happened at the end of the trip and not the beginning.
Thank you Zack for making me rest.





5 comments:
YAY for Zack! I knew I liked him:D Just kidding I have always liked Zack!
your family is so cute.! love the blog. I am addicted to bloggin myself. he he kitchenfamily.blogspot.com
hmmm I've never liked Zack. Didn't feel like I could trust him.. hee hee hee! So who was playing santa? I'm looking and looking at him but can't put my finger on him...
would that be correct english?
ooh and for those who don't know me.. I'm so teasng about Zack.. I love him almost as much as I love Em! =)
Oh man, I'm sorry you guys have all been sick. Yay for Zack coming through! What a great guy! I love the Santa picture! Oh btw, how's Maddy?
Post a Comment