Thursday, March 12, 2009

Preston James



We loved seeing Grandpa, he traveled a little over 4 hours in one evening to come see his newest grandson. That meant a lot to me, it is always so good to have him and makes me feel safe and secure and a priority, as he is always busy, the best Dad ever.
Haven is in love
Mom's first chat with Preston
The nurses all wanted to meet Maddy after hearing Gram talk to Preston ,or maybe "warn him" is a better description, about his big sister Mad-zilla in the delivery room while we were getting ready to change rooms.

Thank Heaven Mom was there to take the pictures, I couldn't even hold the baby after delivering, I had to have Zack stand next to me acting as a guard so I wouldn't drop Preston as I was completely spent.

It has been SO long since I have blogged. I've been trying to catch up with my thoughts, feelings, and sleep. I was contemplating sharing my labor experience of 29 hours and making it hilarious, but found this post on my Sister's blog and felt it was the best way to go. Absolutely appropriate. I found that instead of being mad about the incident, I have been truly blessed. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat for Preston. I am grateful for a Priesthood Blessing, that brought peace and reassurance, and the reminder that we were in Heavenly Father's care and would be alright. I did think this birth was going to be a "walk in the park" as I knew that my family and friends had been praying and fasting for me weeks before the delivery. Turns out though the prayers were truly answered and I am so grateful to have Preston here.


From Amy:
Check out my new friend. He's my nephew, actually, and he's absolutely gorgeous. His parents, Em and Zack, have named him Preston James. He was 8 lbs 12 oz. He has 2 deep dimples and a little nick in his ear.



He came by way of a miracle. His umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around his neck twice, and once around his shoulder and upper body. So during the almost 30 hours that we were praying for his head to engage and for labor to go quickly, Heavenly Father protected Him by not speeding things along. Speed or earlier engagement could have meant serious problems or even death for him. The doctor was amazed that even as things developed there was no serious impact to him from the cord.
So this little face--bruised from a long, difficult, painful delivery--is actually a reminder of Heavenly Father's tender mercies and answers to prayer. We love you already, little Preston James!

5 comments:

Mike'n'Amy said...

We love you tons, Em. Hey, 29 hours of labor to strengthen Caleb's testimony of the power of fasting. Was it worth it? ;)

Em said...

totally worth it, and getting a sweet boy out of the deal was cool too. =)

Susan said...

I'm so glad he came out healthy! Congratulations Emily.

Janell said...

Congratulations, he's beautiful and everyone looks so HAPPY he's finally here!!! Yippeeee!!!!

Em said...

I love that picher of him!love Haven