Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Break Catch up

Well, it wouldn't be a vacation if no one got hurt, poor Maddy slipped on sand while running to catch up, I think I need to remind her that she has arms to put out in front of her, but then again, no broken bones, so it's a toss up. It swelled up nicely, but went down in a day or two.

Preston seemed unimpressed, but really he just pretended to sleep so we would keep him covered up, it was FREEZING and windy


A baby Giraffe getting loves

AHA! It finally came out of hiding! Can you name this animal??


Cienna in motion


I love this picture



Grrrr...



She is SO tall!



My favorite spot, on a bench while the kids play


Funny side note, Gram brought tootsie pops. As I was opening the bag I said, "I don't know why they even make the orange ones they are so gross." No sooner had those words escaped my mouth when Porter, Ethan, Haven, and Majel all said "I want ORANGE!" unfortunately there were only 3 in the bag, so tears were shed for that yucky sucker flavor.



The bug house always has a horrid odor in it, but choosing the windiest day in history to go to the zoo, we were thankful for the warm stink. They were entrhalled with the flesh eating beatles, I had just let my kids watch the Mummy, they were a little relieved to see the real things were much smaller than those in the film.



monkeying around



Best Buddies, note the wind blown look.

We were able to make it over to Gma's for Easter weekend, plus most of the kids' spring break. It was so nice to have Zack down Fri-Sun, but after that it got a little hectic.

The zoo is always a highlight as it takes up most of the day and wears the kids out more than the adults....for a change. All Mom and I had to do was walk, sit, and point. Although Mom did more in the petting zoo, she even let Porter and Maddy feed the goats. They loved it!


2 comments:

Allie said...

I can't wait to be at home! I am SO lookin forward to hangin out and seeing everyone! Miss you!... I have a feeling Porter will be Leland's Favorite:D

Mike'n'Amy said...

Orange is my FAVORITE! :)