This is Ally and her cousin who threw the pigeons up for us
We had an awesome YW activity this past Wed. Our President set it up so we could go and shoot clay pigeons with shotguns. I think maybe 2 or 3 of the girls had done this before, I'm almost 30 and this was my very first time. It was funny, almost no one wanted to do it at first, but after a little pushing, nagging, and antagonizing from me everyone stepped up and then wanted to do it again and again. I get that from my Dad. =) He was usually right, I almost always enjoyed something after I tried it.
I had a couple of turns but never hit anything. I thought I had on my first try, but then I looked over and Amanda (our pres) had shot right next to me and it was actually Amanda who'd shot the dumb thing. I also found it funny that afterward the girls were instructed to go collect all the pigeons that hadn't broken, and there were quite a few that were still in tact. Guess that means we'll get to do it again! Another side note, a couple of the girls that did hit the targets admitted that they had opted to close their eyes...hmmmm, Why didn't I think of that.
I noticed that Ally and her cousin were whispering and pointing to the girls with the guns, so I inquired what they were talking about. He said that Hannah (the girl in the white shirt) had the largest gun out of the group and he wanted to see how she handled it. I wish I would have taped her second shot, it knocked her earphones off. =)





4 comments:
The Listons are definitely good shots. Tony in particular is very good. I have shot a couple of times. I think I shot two (or so they say) the last time, but I could never get it in the right spot so I had bruise marks far bigger than needed.
What a fun activity. I went indoor target shooting with the boy scouts back when I was about 20 years old and I had a lot of fun.
Wow it seems everyone is learning to shoot guns these days:D
I did that in HS with a boyfriend. Although he had to tell me to just point the shotgun where I wanted him to throw the pigeon (which worked out great), I think he was pretty ticked that I shot the rifle as well as he did. Thanks dad!
Post a Comment