Monday, November 10, 2008

Visit to Mom's

I did something I normally would never do. I left town when the YW program was on Sunday. With everything that has been going on, I had the opportunity to get out of dodge for 2 days and I have to admit I jumped at the opportunity. I did make sure I had a pianist and a song for the girls set up as I was in charge of the music portion so I'm not all bad, just pretty bad.

I enjoyed attending Mom's relief society craft day (we don't have one up here) and got to be a little creative while enjoying all my Sunnyvale friends. Maddy stayed in the nursery and my older two got to go to the movies with Gpa. And actually ran into cousins there so it was a party for them. Maddy had the choice, she just chose to stay close to Gma. =)

That pretty much did me in with all the sitting and I layed down the rest of the day and enjoyed being with mom. Then Sunday came, I had to leave Sacrament meeting 1/2 through to make a quick exit to the bathroom. ugh.... and then I sat in the Lobby for Sunday school where the room temperature was much more agreeable. RS was touch and go but I made it through. No one knew the closing hymn so Mom and I had a good time being slightly irreverant trying to pick out the notes. I think Darla enjoyed it too. Or at least put up with it. =)

The rest of the day we duplicated some crafts we had made at the church the day before. while laying on the bed. not as easy as one would hope, but very fun. Then I was reminded that all the things I constantly WORRY about will not matter in the eternities and that I should relax.

You know those things like, buying a home, if my baby is a boy or girl, wow it seems there was SO much more, maybe I am moving forward! =) It was good to be reminded of what is most important. You know, I know what is most important, and yet with all these little things circling me I loose focus. I'm sad that it happens so often to me, I need to do better with that.

Anyway, I love my YW with all my heart and I hope I didn't offend them by not being there. It was a much needed break and it is good to be home. A BIG thanks to Amanda for all she did for the YW program, I thought Kelly would be there, but I heard she wasn't. Another HUGE thanks to Janell for playing the music!

oh look, it's past bedtime for the kids, better go and get them down. Yipee!

5 comments:

farnsworthfamily said...

Emily,
Glad you got to get away and take care of yourself. Are you buying a home, moving or what it sounds like some sorta change is taking place!! Congrats on being pregnant, it will be fun to be surprised on the sex!!! Yah, maybe! Anyway, sure love ya and love catching up with you on your blog!

Nicole Farnsworth

Allie said...

I love that you get to go, I need to go too:) But its a 24 hour drive and I don't know that Leland could handle that! Maybe! I miss ya! Love you tons and tons! Take care of yourself!

Kristie and Roger said...

I am glad you had fun at your moms!

GGayle said...

Thank goodness for the BLOG as we haven't heard about the "baby" and the ????? guess we will know in Feb. The baby will be loved one sex or the other. Glad you got to go to your Mom's. Hope she is well. All fine here Love to all

Jen said...

Emma,

It makes ME BEYOND happy that you were able to get away and get away to the bestest place on earth! I sure love your mom! I'm glad you had a good time! I'm still computerless, but had to come show ya I'm alive and give you some love!