Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch, is it really November already?

I need to remember to upload back to front, but here are our pictures in reverse.
Cowgirl Haven
Realizing she might have wanted a larger pumpkin after all (she spent her moola on the pony ride)
Another picture, get real!
See the red cheeks, 80 degrees in October, loved her little pumpkin

They had two slides and a bouncer. Maddy preferred the smaller slide, while Porter went for the big one.

Can you tell I take their pictures a lot? They know just where to go and what to do.


We made it to the pumpkin patch the Saturday before Halloween. Right after their school carnival. It made for a LONG day, but lots of fun too.
We gave the kids an allowance (mainly because we only had $12 in cash), it was interesting to see how they spent it. Porter chose to enjoy all the FREE things first. The farm animals, the maze, looking at the fish in the pond, then broke down and decided he'd pay $1 to play on the blow up slides. And bought a $3 pumpkin (it was surprisingly huge and he felt he got the best pumpkin ever. Haven saw ponies there and knew that NOTHING was more worth her money than a pony. So $5 went to her pony ride. She rode SO proudly and thankfully Dad was willing to take her around as horses are my WORST allergy even when I am full of medication.

And Maddy spent $1 on the slides/bouncer and stayed there the whole time until we went to pick out the pumpkins. She had more money for a pumpkin, but wanted a little pumpkin which turned out to be a blessing as our cash was limited. =)
SO Porter spent $4, Haven spent $6, and Maddy spent $2, not bad for an afternoon at the pumpkin patch, that is a big plus to living by so many farms!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Sweet! Ours is pretty good here too! We only have to pay 7 a person ( I think, amy usually pays, sly minx:)) and we get a hay ride, feed for the goats and sheep and cows, and a medium pumpkin:) I love that your kids know where to go and what to do! Tha is so fun!

Mike'n'Amy said...

Did I just get called MINX? Huh. :)

I'm loving the Haven pumpkin pic. That's how I feel inside sometimes, but my face doesn't exress it nearly as well!

Janell said...

What a great time and I agree the pony rides were worth every penny! You have such beautiful children!