If there is anything I have felt strongly about prop 8 is it. I find it theraputic to vent a little, so feel free to skip this blog if you are so sick of it all. =)
Who’s a Bigot?
I am feeling a little bothered by all the HATE shot in the Mormon direction. Here is a little enlightenment for all those who have been misinformed. First off I am not a bigot, like people keep calling me. I have never lashed out hatred toward anyone with different beliefs than my own. We all have a right to live as we decide.
We live in a democracy, we have the right to freedom of religion and beliefs. We are respectful of others, and their beliefs.
Lately people who are NO on Prop 8 are angry and are finding someone or group to attack, unfortunately they have chosen some of the most peaceful people to discriminate against. Which I do find so interesting as that is their claim to their anger, that "we" are not tolerant, that "we" are spreading hate. Interesting. I don't recall attacking anyone's property with "NO on Prop 8" signs, bumper stickers or supporters. However I have found damage to personal property to those who support Prop 8. I'm confused, how are we causing hate?
Next they are lashing out at the Mormon church. May I please remind you that the church as an organization donated "NO" money to the campaign on Yes on 8. It simply encouraged it's members to donate for what they believe, and they stepped up in a HUGE way. I think that speaks for their beliefs that they are willing to fight for them, but instead of lashing out at others, they simply donated their time and money to the cause. As did MANY religious organizations in California.
Next only 2% of the yes on 8 vote can be given to the Mormons, so why are they getting so much backlash, clearly the majority feel the same way.
Why, when it has been passed twice (once in 2000 as prop 22 and this year as prop 8) are they still encouraging the supreme court to overturn the majority vote? I thought we are supposed to be tolerant? Like I said before democracy is a majority vote and it has happened twice. Why do we give so much power to 7 people? Shoe on the other foot I am sure you'd be outraged as well if everyone voted no on prop 8 and then 4 judges decided to overturn that vote.
I just find it so interesting that people are so hostile and angry when they are claiming they are the tolerant ones.
Baffles me completely....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
So true so true, I am not even there and I get the you would have voted yes on that... question sure would have:) Anywho makes it interesting with a sister in law that is lesbian:)
Post a Comment