We have roofers here today, they showed up yesterday around 8am, good thing I was already showered! We stayed inside most of the day as things were flying off the roof and I was watching a little girl so my car seats were limited, as the back seat was in the garage that was blocked in by a huge truck.
No complaints though, you can't beat getting a new roof! Even if no notice was given.
Today is the last day of Spring Break, Hallelujah! It has been fun, but part of the fun is knowing that they will be back to school on Monday. =) We have had a great week starting off with Dad taking us over to the college. Haven now rides a two wheeler with no training wheels, she taught herself. Porter loves to play kickback with his soccer ball and whoever is willing to play (gift Idea, is a nice soccer ball that will last through all his abuse). We haven't found a lasting one yet! Maddy enjoys riding her new scooter and her trike. She also enjoys having Mom carry it 1/2 the time. =)
Then Monday not only did the Easter Bunny finally show up! (at 1/2 off!) The house got picked up in the morning & GRANDMA came too!!!! This was the favorite day as it was all PLAY! We started off at the college again where this time we ventured over to the water feature, and because Gma Gretchen was there, pants were rolled up and shoes taken off and we played in that water a good hour while Mom stood as look out. Then we headed to a yummy lunch and then to Horton hears a Who. It was a great day!
Zack and I enjoyed Date night on Tuesday as I have YW and Mary Kay meetings this weekend. We had a great time, and less crowds on a Tuesday...
Wed. I had YW we were able to deliver the baby blankets we made for our local hospital that was fun and so nice to be done with as that was my big project with the girls.
Thursday, came the roofers, we did make it to dance though, but left early due to Maddy's upper lip being blue. Runs in the family apparently. Can be a sign of the heart not getting enough oxygen to the blood. Dr. saw us right away, and we are waiting to hear from the heart specialist.
NEVER A DULL MOMENT!
We did enjoy a visit from two of our cutest friends, Meg and Callie.
Today is Friday and I am so excited as my friend Tami and her two little one's are on their way to come and see us. And here I sit wasting time blogging. =) She will see my house truly as it is, not sparkly with stuff everywhere. I hope she survives the visit! I'm looking forward to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Have fun! We had the roofers come last year. Be careful in the yard. They don't always clean up as well as they should!
Yay, I'm glad you are getting a new roof! SO much fun that you got to hang out with grandma gretchen! I'm jealous! That is scary about Maddy's lip! What is going on with that? I LOVE your blog Emma! JUST LOVE IT!
Since when does Jen have two kids?? Am I really this out of it? :) So, what's with not answering your phone lately? Hmmm...maybe tomorrow's back to school day will help. :)
Two reasons for not answering the phone, completely booked all week with kids and accidentally leaving my phone at home or on vibrate, then of course running out of minutes. DOH! It happens every month, and I don't have the verison deal where it's free between verison customers, my plan is too old. =(
As for the home phone, it is just hard to find....
Is Maddy ok?
Post a Comment