Friday, October 8, 2010
A miracle occured
This morning while we were all getting ready, Porter accidently swung his shirt over his should knocking off a ceramic bird from the fireplace smashing it to bits. This was sad for me as it was a Ross find so not really able to get a replacement, oh well. The miracle was.....drum roll please.....I didn't get mad, I didn't yell, I wasn't even annoyed that I now had to clean up glass. It was so sureal! And WONDERFUL! I looked at Porter, said it's a shame as that was one of my favorite birds, then said I knew it was an accident, then asked for an apology. He was happy to apologize, I think he was in shock, and wondering what had happened to his Mother, if alien's had taken over or something. =) I then Explained to him that Zack and I have been trying to make a more concious effort to keep the Holy Ghost in our home and with us always so that we might be able to choose the right. I told him that when I heard the glass crash, that I was not upset, I was able to see what I loved more (Porter) and was able to have the appropriate reaction. It might be sad that it's taken me 10 years of mothering to figure this out, but I tell you it wasn't me at all. I'm so grateful for the Spirit in our home and that we are succeeding in trying to make our home a Holy Place. It is incredibly freeing being able to react or rather not react and to just love. Hope is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Thats awesome Em! I hope I can get there... :)
My hubby and I are on the same path and trying to to be better...I say better late than never! Thanks for being a good example and inspiration!
That's awesome Em! One day I hope to get where you are!
Post a Comment