Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I am alive

Hi all,

things have been going pretty good lately. The only real downside is that I have no cell phone at the moment. Mine has lived a long life and had a quick death, I am sure no pain was involved, at least on the phone's end of it. I miss texting my Sisters and YW and keeping in touch. Many phone numbers also disappeared so if you haven't heard from me in a while send me your phone number. =)

Preston is now sleeping through the night, most nights. 9pm till 6am. Cannot complain there! He is such a little love.

The kids are out of school, doing lots of bike riding around the neighborhood and enjoying being outside. Porter did excellent in school this year and will be going into the GATE program starting in August for 4th grade. The girls will join him at his new school so there is only one drop off/ pick up spot as I run around too much as it is.

Haven finished top of her class, and was the highest ranked reader. She is thrilled and will be a great 2nd grader

Maddy can't wait to start Kindergarten and is wondering why she isn't in school now. =) She is not the happiest of campers, as she misses her teachers and classmates and being occupied. At home we do our responsibilities then it's "free" time, but where's the paint? the mess? the fun? I just don't know Maddy...... =)

Preston is 3 months now, weighing ina t 15 lbs. and 24 inches long. He is gorgeous....if I do say so myself. I love how I can see his smile from the back of his head, you can see his cheeks raise on the sides, it is great. It is also a very social little guy, he likes to laugh with everyone and is willing to smile almost all the time. He is really enjoying all the extra attention now that his older siblings are home.

Zack finished another semester of Grad school and will go back in the fall. i am really looking forward to having him home this summer. Although he's been offered some overtime (which is unheard of right now) so I see him a little less, but it is such a blessing.

I'm doing good. I am starting to Spring clean my house from 2008. =) no kidding. So far I have my entryway almost done. again no kidding.... step by step, baby steps. I feel like my moods are evening out and I am starting to return to my regular self. Thank heaven! Feels like I've been in hiding these past few months.

Not much else to report at the moment. Preston did get blessed this past weekend at Gma Gretchen's home, since all of our kids have been blessed there, we followed tradition. It was great!

We will be starting up our home search again soon. We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Allie said...

In Texas?? Cause there are lots of houses in Texas:D Can NOT wait to see you and your kiddoS! I miss them tons!

Julie said...

Welcome back! I've missed your mini updates :)

kristib said...

Sorry about your phone...I'm sure it's in a better place...