The other day Maddy was trying to put on her sandals...yes, sandals. She asked me if they were on the right feet and they weren't, so I corrected her. She then sighed and said under her breath "I'm so retarded at this". the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. I need to be a better example.
Porter's Primary teacher caught me in the hall the other day and let me know that Porter was a great participant in her class. She had given the lesson on the first vision and had come to the part where Satan tries to over take Joseph Smith in the Grove. Apparently Porter looked like he was pondering the idea and the teacher thought she should ask him what he thought of that. To which Porter responded. Satan is like Megatron, very powerful and always doing bad things and Heavenly Father is like Optimus Prime, Stronger than Megatron, and always doing right. I'm so glad that Porter comprehends even if it means using the Tranformers to relay the message. =) It cracked us up. For those who aren't Mormon you can view the lesson here http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=637e1b08f338c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=bbc50f9856c20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1&contentLocale=0
Haven on the other hand had a vocabulary lesson this week. Have you seen the movie "Get Smart"? I personally enjoyed it very much with the kids. I love Steve from THE OFFICE and Anne Hathaway. Anyway, like in most movies there were a few questionable parts/ language. Which leads me to Haven. The other day driving to school I hear "ball sack!" from the back seat. I was sure I heard wrong, but when I asked Haven what she had said, that was the phrase. In the movie, Steve shoots a mini harpoon through various parts of his face, legs and feet while trying to break out of his hand cuffs. One of his expressions after being stabbed was "ball sack!" Now why this was necessary I will never know especially since the movie had so many good parts, but it sure stuck with Haven so she thought she would try it out. I then explained to the kids that although the movie was funny and had a lot of silly jokes, this phrase was off limits as it refers to the boy's privates. I haven't heard it since. =)
That story reminds me of an awkward conversation in the hot tub with my parents while us kids were still in High School. We got a vocab lesson on words they had heard us using, I can't remember them all but the word "stud" was no longer as cool once we knew what the definition was.
Anyway, I'm glad my kids give me so much laughter it really is what gets one through the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
OH MY GOSH, I'm laughing SO FLIPPIN' hard! Your kids are HILARIOUS!! You're right the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You ARE the funniest!
Okay, I admit they are mine. This is so funny, I know Porter was serious in his thinking but....... Hilarious is the word of the day. Love
Post a Comment