We had the birthday on time, I am just blogging about it now. =)
Haven had a great birthday this year, first time with school friends. And she was in Heaven. Luckily even though her Mom waited until the last minute to get things organized we still had 6 cute little girls show up to celebrate with us.
Haven's one demand was a store bought cake. Somehow she always gets a home made cake, while the other two get store cakes, I had not noticed, but she certainly had. So then she picked her theme. Kung Fu Panda. We are a year behind with most trends so there was nothing in the party supplies (at least at our bargain stores) to go with our theme. So we got Blue everything since it's her favorite color. Next was to locate a cake with Kung Fu Panda, which was a task in itself. After a long day of stores our very last stop (and hope) was Raley's and believe or not they had 2 cakes we could choose from! Haven was excstatic. I was just relieved.
so home we got to decorate and get the goody bags ready. The next day we get the cake and get ready for some fun! I also let Haven choose her party activities and in what order. (some may call that lazy, but I call it delegation and a teaching experience) =) ha ha ha. So it went like this:
Cake and Ice Cream
Presents
Watch Kung Fu Panda
I couldn't have done it better myself. Of course they didn't really sit through the movie, but they played beautifully together. Haven got her first camera (35mm) from a little buddy, she was SO excited. Unfortunately we assumed she would know how to use it, but after seeing her snap photos then open up the back multiple times we realize we probably should have given a little more instruction. =) Hence Zack's exasperated look. =) It was hilarious! The film was gone in minutes, we haven't printed them yet as we are unsure if it's worth spending the money to get overexposed pictures.
She also expressed concern for next years party already, asking if both her grandparents (Stovall and Lamoreaux) will make it to her Baptism like they did for Porter's. I sure hope so!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment