Monday, February 9, 2009

No Baby Yet

Not too surprised here. At my appointment last week I was at a 1.5 dialated and no efacement, Soooo we've got a ways to go. My actual due date is 2/20/09 so honestly I do have some time to wait, but being #4 I am hoping for this week. The kids also have holiday time so that would be a little less stressful...I think. At least no school runs for a few days.

As for a house. No luck yet. We've stopped looking for the time being. The Lord knows when it should happen and apparently it isn't just yet. If I'd listened in the first place I would have saved myself quite a bit of trouble and stress. Here's to still hoping though!

Today I have a baby shower at Zack's work. I know this is going to be a little awkward, but Zack assures me that it won't be. I do know many of the people so that will help. I'm dragging Maddy with me as I'm sure she will help avert the attention from me. I'm grateful for the shower, but it is a double shower and I feel like I am kind of stealing some thunder from his co-worker. After all I don't even work there. Will let you know how it goes. I've been praying for labor all morning, so far nothing. =) Why am I such a weenie?? Especially to the point where labor is preferable to a party?? What is wrong with me??

8 comments:

kristib said...

Good luck with everything! I think I agree about the situation, though...I would much rather get the baby out than sit through an awkward party. Hope it goes well!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

haa haa Em! Well think of it THIS way... the party isn't really for you, it's for Zack, and well since YOUR the hot babe who is carrying the babe, then you get to come.
They could have done it just for Zack, I wonder how that would've gone?

Jen said...

Oh man! Sorry about dealing with the party. Very kind of them, but I get your point. I'd feel mega awkward. Glad Maddy gets to come with you! :) I'll be praying for the baby to come this week! I just can't wait! I'm sure you are the same ;) I love ya!!

Susan said...

I hope the party went well and that you got lots of neat stuff. :)

Julie said...

Crack me up! Ditto mzzmyrick's comment... you, hot babe... shower for Zack. Good times my friend. :)

Mike'n'Amy said...

Girl, how loud does Heavenly Father have to yell to get you to TX???

Em said...

does He yell?

Allie said...

I think He may especially when someone is ignoring His still small voice:D