Thursday, March 11, 2010

Maddy and her hillarity

Well, deciding to push my tutu work till later on this evening, I thought I'd like to write a few things down before I forget. Ran them by Mom, she didn't think they were as funny as I did, she must be well rested. =)

Maddy saw me folding laundry and noticed my sports bra to which she commented, "are those your sports boobs?"

Maddy has always felt that she is not white, nor should she be called white, but Gold. Duh! So today she noticed that Preston's scalp was indeed white and was shocked when I told her that her scalp was also white. She couldn't believe it. Then she said, well, bald people have gold heads because they don't have hair. =) Point taken.

Maddy also demands to ride her two wheeler with training wheels on the street, this way she won't fall over when the sidewalk dips for each driveway. So she doesn't EVER get to ride her bike alone. But I will give her credit for knowing what works for her and following it, just wish it was best for me too.

Maddy is brilliant, so much so that she has conquered my world and is dying to bust out and explore. If she were an only child I'm sure I could cater to that, she is #3, which in itself can be tricky, but her teacher also mentions how bright she is. Clearly that is why she is such a tricky child. I need to get her back in dance, gymnastics, anything to help burn some of that energy off.

This evening a member of the bishopric came over to extend a calling to me. Sitting on our awesome old love seat (as we have limited seating in our fabulous home) Maddy on my lap. Tooted and SPD, I had to make note of it so that Brother Conner would know it WASN'T me. THankfully she was cracking up at herself (the Lamoreaux way) so it was clear who had dealt it.

I have to say Preston loves everyone, and it's a little funny and a little sad that he tends to stear clear of Maddy, it could possibly be because she holds him under his armpits and drags him around. I'd be ticked off too.

She is growing up SO fast!

1 comment:

Allie said...

That is awesome! I love maddy. She is certainly a bright girl... and a handful! I wish I had a good pair of sport boobs:D